Here, we list illustrations of some of the kinds of projects and commissions we have undertaken over the last four years. Many of these reports are confidential to the client. Others may be found on their own websites. As appropriate, we are happy to discuss our approach, inputs and the results of this work with potential clients
In 2016, amongst many other things, Strategic Economics:
- Researched, wrote and presented a socio-economic plan for Exmouth, Devon
- Evaluated the impact, for a University of Bristol bid for WoE LEP Growth Deal funding, for a major scientific innovation.
- Updated the Dorset Local Economic Assessment for Dorset County Council and partners.
In 2015, examples of Strategic Economics’ work included:
1) An Impact Guidance note and workshop for the West of England Local Enterprise Panel and investment partners
2) A study of the Dorset Environmental Economy as part of a consortium (under Ash Futures( working for Dorset County Council and other local partners, such as the Local Nature Partnership.
3) Support, analysis and advice for successful Enterprise Zone bids for Devon and Somerset and, separately, for the West of England.
In 2014, Strat Econ was engaged to provide:
1) A Smart Specialisation Framework and advice on economic forecasting tenders for Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly LEP through Cornwall County Council
2) Parts of the Economic Development Strategy for the Cranbrook development for East Devon District Council
3) Quarterly business conditions reports, analysis of the latest BRES Employment data and an ERC growth accelerator dashboard, and advice to the Chief Exec and Intelligence Panels for the West of England LEP.
In 2013, we provided:
1) The Heart of the South West LEP with an Economic Reporting Framework and an impact appraisal for a Growing Places Fund proposal linked to the visitor economy.
2) Bristol City Council and WoE LEP partners with advice on commissioning Inward Investment research.
3) The National Composites Centre with an evaluation appraisal of its ERDF funding.
In 2012, we worked with:
1) Somerset County Council to understand the Aerospace Sector (civil and defence) in the County.
2) Teignbridge District Council assessing and advising on its local economic plans.
3) The Swindon and Wiltshire LEP on a forward looking strategic economic evidence briefing.